Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I have issues!!!

Okay, so I am almost afraid to admit this, but maybe some of you all have been this crazy as well while pregnant. We find out in three more weeks whether we are having a boy or a girl...so naturally the "sane" thing to do would be to buy one pink thing and one blue thing whenever you see something you like, right? WHAT...NO????? Yes, this is what I have resorted to. Friday I found the cutest "Taggie" blankets. My niece, Kennedy loves hers and apparently lost one, so naturally when I saw one I had to buy it for her (notice the pink and green polka dots - too cute). But then I looked all of the other adorable vintage fabric and ribbons and utter softness, so which do I buy, pink or blue? Why not just buy both...then you are safe either way. To me this makes sense. :)

Ben thinks I have lost my mind. He is so calm and patient. I am so lucky to have him, but bless his heart, he married a crazy woman!

Hopefully I am not the only person on the earth that has done this, but I just had to share my craziness with you all.
I am really excited either way if it is a boy or a girl...I am just so excited to find out and call this baby by a name rather than "it", "the baby", "baby hazlewood", or "hazle" as I like to call it. I truly admire those of you with the patience to wait until the baby is born to find out. You are amazing. Here are some pictures of my recent shopping escapades!



9 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my gosh!! Those are so cute!!! Not blaming you at all for buying both!!! :) I'm so excited to find out what you're having! Are you going to tell us the names once you find out? Pretty please??? :)

Jillina said...

Love the taggies. I can't wait for you to find out either. I'm about ready for you and Ben to come see us and volunteer you for ultrasound practice. I will never be one of those people who wait - I think they are nuts!

Leslie Ware said...

Oh my gosh--I would totally buy one of everything. I don't think anyone expects you to be practical!!!

Angie said...

Oh, so cute!!! Those are adorable. Your baby is going to be so stylish!

AJnChattown said...

Great story, I cracked up. I think you should buy baby stuff to your heart's content.

Lindsay said...

I have never heard of a "taggie" before. Too cute! Don't blame you at all for buying both. Question is will you keep them both once you find out what you're having?

chris anne said...

how funny! but i don't think you're crazy, just excited. i'm excited too because i want to start embroidering something for baby hazle!

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

I'm one of those when the stores see me coming, they get excited. I do that now w/doggie stuff for Sophie.

Sorry to hear a/b your sister-in-laws news.

Elizabeth Miller said...

You crack me up! You are not crazy. I have my name on "reserve" for several stuff at market that are girl and boy. I may be jenksing myself, but I found many more girl things than boy, but that is only natural. Just hang on to those reciepts and remember, anything that you can't return, just put it in a pile to give as gifts to others : ) Can't wait to hear what it is!!!