Saturday, April 14, 2007

BIG NEWS...Pink or Blue????

We had our big ultrasound yesterday afternoon and we were confirmed 100% that we are having a BOY! Our child is not a shy one, so we were able to tell without a doubt. I feel so much better now knowing that he is healthy and measuring right no track. I really didn't care if it was a boy or a girl...I just wanted to know! YEAH! Ben is really excited and feels good that now he has created an "heir"...he is so funny! I haven't felt him move yet (or at least I don't know if I have or not), but in the ultrasound it looked like he was running a marathon...legs were just moving like crazy, so that made me feel a lot better. They also said his mouth was moving like crazy. Ben says he must take after me if he is already talking. :)
Anywho...we are absolutely thrilled and cannot wait to meet this little fella! As far as names go...we have pretty much decided on Samuel Joseph Hazlewood (and call him Sam). "Joseph" was Ben's grandfather and uncle who recently passed away, so we thought it would be neat to carry on the tradition. And we just think "Samuel" is such a sweet and strong name. I am thrilled it is a boy too, I figure the world needs more Ben Hazlewoods...hopefully this child will be just like my husband! I couldn't ask for anything better! I feel so blessed today!

I am so excited to be able to spread the news as we are thrilled beyond words. We will be looking forward to little Sam's arrival in late August/September!
Thanks for thinking of us and keeping us in your prayers.

12 comments:

Jillina said...

Can't wait to see little Sam very soon! BTW -You look amazing!! Hope your ride home went better than mine - 2 hrs!! Thank goodness we had leftovers to snack on :)

Anonymous said...

Kate, I have been stalking your blog since yesterday. I am so excited!!!! Can't wait for Sam to get here! Love you, Rebecca Fua

Angie said...

Congrats, Kate! Now go out and buy all the blue you can find!

Leslie Ware said...

Yea! I am so excited to hear--I actually thought about just calling you to find out. That is awesome news!

chris anne said...

i'm like rebecca and have checked your blog a dozen times since friday. so excited about sam! campbell and william and sam will have so much fun playing together. can't wait to meet him. glad everything is going well.

Bethany said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you and Ben, you all will join the ranks of all of our friends who are fabulous mommies and daddies! Can boys wear cardigans?

Becky said...

How exciting! And what a precious name! Love it! Yay for Sam!

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

Boys are the best! Congrats on the healthy news of the baby. And Sam is an excellent name!

Ashley & Bobby said...

I found your blog through Jillina...congrats on your pregnancy and finding out you are having a precious little boy! Look forward to seeing pics of little Sam!

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

Exciting news...I can hear the excitement in your words. I will pray that Sam continues to grow into a healthy baby and that his mom stays healthy too. Have a great week!

Elizabeth Miller said...

WONDERFUL news!!!!! And Samuel is such a precious and strong name. Names are very important! I am even more happy that he is healthy. I laughed b/c last week I went to market and bought 1/2 pink and 1/2 blue stuff...just in case. Thought of you! Love you and your precious son so dearly!!!

Lindsay said...

Kate...that's awesome!! For some reason I thought you'd be having a girl. Maybe because there are so many in your family. I can't wait to meet Sam!!