I had posted about all of the decorating that went on for VBS...and now I wanted to make sure I posted all of the awesome pictures of the kids and volunteers from the week of VBS!
We had such a great week and I can't brag on our volunteers enough. Anytime we needed something, there was always someone there that was happy to do whatever.
Here are some pictures of our awesome week at SKY VBS!
This is our youth minister, Rocky. Ashley's husband, Todd built this airplane for him to use as a prop. Captain Rocky flew in each day...the kids loved it!
Our Chadders Theatre rooms. The ladies did such a fun job decorating inside. I had to make some more of those pool noodle rainbows. They are just so fun!
Singing...and soarin'
My BEST girls! We survived the week...and couldn't have done it without eachother FOR SURE. We made a great team (I thought). Everyone had their own special gifts to bring to the group and they all fit together perfectly! :)
Ashley working hard handing out snacks to the kiddos.
Tried to get a picture of the boys on the steps before we started one morning. Jack is blurry because he is moving. Too much excitement to sit still.
CRAFT ladies doing their thing! They had some great crafts this year. Crafts aren't even part of this particular VBS curriculum...they just make up their own. So cute.
Some beautiful ladies...great volunteers!
Angie, Lindsay, Priscilla and Olivia
Angie, Lindsay, Priscilla and Olivia
Sam and his best friend, Alayna!
We took group pictures of all the kids...here is the Preschool Crew! We start our VBS at Kindergarten, but for our volunteer kids, we do have nursery and a mini VBS for the preschool kids.
Sam is up there sitting next to Ms. Mary.
Hector and Shawn were VBS ALL STARS this year. We didn't really have tons of men volunteers (mostly because our VBS is during the day). Lots of teenage guys and our ministers of course, but these 2 are stay-at-home dads. We reached out to them this year to do some games. They were AWESOME! They were so great with the kids and did tons of little jobs for us throughout the week.
Here's my sweet Sam putting up his "God Sighting"...love him.
Hid in the hot air balloon on the final day.
All week the kids brought items for our Meals By Grace ministry...on the last day they had a huge assembly line of all the kids loading the items they brought onto the stage. It was awesome to see all of the things that these kids brought that is going to be such a blessing to many many families in our community that are in need. So sweet!
VOLUNTEER PIC!
Clean up...these ladies were REALLY excited about washing the windows after I had painted all over them. Didn't come off as easily as we'd thought...but a little (okay A LOT) of elbow grease...they got it. They requested that maybe I don't do SO much painting next year. Ha! We'll see guys. Sorry! :)
Not a great picture (I think the lights were all off), but here is the stash of items that all the kids brought throughout the week. We put them on the stage so the kids could see...and we could show our congregation on Sunday after what the kids were able to GIVE that week!
No comments:
Post a Comment