Saturday, July 14, 2012

Camp NaNa and YaYa!

We had a WONDERFUL visit over Father's Day weekend from NaNa and YaYa. Ben really wanted to hang out with his dad for Father's Day. The boys and I had been up to Maryville several times this spring, but it was always when Ben was traveling (which was a lot this spring), so he hadn't seen them in a while. They drove down and we had a wonderful time. We cooked, spent time at the pool and just visited. SO FUN! NaNa and YaYa asked if Sam would like to go back with them to Maryville to spend a few days. They wanted to take him camping and to the pool...so much fun. We, of course, said YES! I was really excited for Sam to get to have those memories with his grandparents. He will remember them forever. So, on Monday, we packed Sam up so he, along with NaNa and YaYa drove back to TN. I was sad to see him go. I don't think I had ever been away from him that many nights. I knew he was in VERY good hands. I was looking forward to some quiet...and no brotherly fighting. It was SO MUCH fun to have some time with just Jack too. He is such a precious kid. We went out to dinner a few nights with daddy (only b/c we could...Jack sits at restaurants much better than Sam so we hardly ever go), had lunch a couple days and just played played played. I think he enjoyed all the attention being on him.
We drove up to Ellejay, GA on Saturday to meet NaNa, YaYa and Sam. They had a GREAT week. Lots of play time outside, lots of swimming and visiting family and friends. He had so much fun. So thankful for NaNa and YaYa for even wanting him to spend the week with him. Such sweet memories. I know their ears must have hurt for all the questions that were most likely asked...they are just so good with him. They said he behaved really well too. You know he was having a great time because one night I asked him how many more "sleeps" until he came home and he said he wanted to stay 100 more sleeps. Ha!
Thanks again NaNa and YaYa for making such sweet memories with our boys. We love you guys.
Jack and NaNa hanging out at the pool
Enjoying a snack...
Ben has taught him to wear his "superhero" goggles to swim in...he used to flip out when the water got in his eyes. 
Had to throw this in there...sweet brothers.
Jack carried around these cars in this bucket for like 3 weeks...constantly!  We even took them to McAllisters one day for lunch.  So funny.  Luckily, these are the ones that don't have wheels, so they don't make any noise.  He was so cute carrying that bucket around.  Bless him 
Blue Eyes
Helping mommy at Lowes!
YEAH...so happy to see my big boy again.  Missed him...but I'm so glad he had such a fun weekend. 
NaNa is so fun!
We LOVE our NaNa and YaYa! 

No comments: