Saturday, July 14, 2012

Bender Gender Reveal Party

We had a Gender Reveal Party for our dear friends, the Benders. They are expecting baby #3 in November. I mentioned to Leanne doing something special for the gender reveal. She was onboard...I think Wes was a bit skeptical (just b/c they didn't want to have to wait - the suspense was killing them). I had seen several ideas on Pinterest, but absolutely LOVED the idea of them opening a box and balloons with baby's gender flying out. Also, had to capture this on film. Our friend, Josie is a beautiful photographer. She was already on the guest list and was more than happy to capture that moment for Wes and Leanne. Ashley (Howard) and I planned a sweet party for the Benders at the Howards house. They have a gorgeous backyard. We invited some of Wes and Leanne's closest friends and had a blast.
okay...let REWIND a second...earlier that day, Leanne and Wes dropped their boys at my house so they could go to "the" appointment. When they picked them up, she handed me "the" envelope. I tried to play it off cool...but I couldn't wait to open it. Part of me felt weird about seeing it before them (like I was invading their privacy), but I just knew that the way they were going to find out was going to be so cool and SOOOO memorable. Once they left I quickly opened the envelope and big old tears filled my eyes. The envelope said "CONGRATS, it's a GIRL". I couldn't believe it. I was so excited. I immediately called Ashley because she was getting the balloons to fill the box. We both squealed with excitement. I had a cake that I had baked but was waiting to find out what color to ice it. So I immediately got to icing a very PINK cake.
The party started and everyone wore their "guess".
Also...another awesome surprise was when Leanne's parent showed up to surprise her. It was awesome. Her sister, Emily called earlier in the day to see what time the party was and if I thought they'd make it...and it completely worked out. Leanne was SOOOO surprised...it was awesome!

  So...the weather started to look questionable...and we could just smell the rain coming, so we decided that we better get the box and do the big reveal. Thankfully, the weather held out just long enough. Wes, Leanne, Jackson and Philip all opened the box and out came the prettiest pink balloons ever. Josie got the most PERFECT photos too. The looks on their faces were absolutely PRICELESS!  I'm so excited for them! I think it was a pretty cool memory. Everyone was so happy. It did end up POURING down rain shortly afterwards, so we all piled into Todd and Ashley's house. It turned out wonderful despite the weather. It was awesome to be in a room with friends that are so genuinely excited for each other. We are so happy for the Benders to get their GIRL. Such a lucky little girl to grow up in such a wonderful family. Here are some pictures...enjoy!
  CONGRATS LEANNE and WES!
The Benders...probably going crazy with anticipation! 
I made Jackson and Philip, "Little Brother?" and "Little Sister?" tshirts. 
Hostesses and our Mama-to-be! 
Heeheee...we already know, Leanne. 
We wore gender neutral dresses and leis.  So MUCH FUN!
Happy Family! 
So sweet!

Sweet kiddos hanging out. 
Chalkboard for everyone to leave their guesses.
Sweet friends, Allison, Leanne and Katey.  Everyone was really thinking PINK!  Leanne will have lots of questions for these 2 mamas when Elizabeth comes.  Between the 2 of them, they have 5 girls. 
Jackson REALLY wanted a sister...so I made him the pink "Little Sister?" shirt. 
We could finally bring out the cake.  Happy Happy Parents! 
Josie was amazing...multi-tasking to the max! 
She had baby Luke in one hand and her camera in the other (all the while, taking awesome pictures). 
Josie took this picture of the cake I made.  I think it looks much better in this picture than in real life.  Ha!  :) 
LOVE LOVE LOVE their faces in this picture.  So happy! 
AWESOME! 

No comments: