Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Project Complete...

I love those words...PROJECT COMPLETE! I tend to start and/or have the idea of LOTS of projects but actually finishing a few is SOOOO NICE! I don't know if it's just me now that I stay home full time that I need to feel productive or something, so these little things help keep me sane!
So here's the laundry room before...remember...pastels and clothesline border:

Ahhhhh...so much better. Not sure why my umbrella is hanging up there, but obivously I didn't move it and put it right back where I found it. Not much help in the laundry room huh? Okay...anywho, SOOOOOO much better. Walls, floors, baseboards are CLEAN with fresh new paint on the walls. LOVE!
NOt a huge room, so Ben and I are still trying to figure out some more storage/shelving room in there (there is a closet but I use it as a linen closet). I can't reach that high shelf so all of my detergent. etc sits on top of the dryer. I want the washer/dryer to be completely clear of anything, so we need to figure something out. Maybe add new shelves (where I can actually reach)...cabinets...I don't know. There's another wall that we may add shelves there as well, so hopefully we can make it much more functional.
Sounds silly to spend this much time thinking about the laundry room but I spend A LOT of time in there so I want it to be efficient...and a little pretty too! :) Maybe a trip to IKEA...or perhaps The Container Store is in my future! :)

So, this is what it looks like for now...with the exception of one more little patch that needs to be painted on the side of the dryer. Really hard to reach, so I have had to gear up for that one.
I knew I'd have enough paint leftover from the laundry room, so I went ahead and painted the guest/boys bathroom upstairs the same color. Really like it in there (the paint before was just that contractor beige color...so it was ready for some color). I have never done anything with this bathroom, so I'm thinking that I will finally do something to it. I LOVE my white shower curtain (so clean looking), but I think that I will swap it out for something for the boys...maybe a stripe or something. I don't want a themed bathroom or anything since that is the bathroom for our guests (aka...NaNa, YaYa and Mops), but I'm ready for a little change in there. Going to hit up Pottery Barn/Kids outlet tomorrow I think. They always have good bath stuff there. Hopefully I'll have another picture of this room to show you later once I get a few new things.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

will you please come paint my house?

Jillina said...

Can we please do Ikea when I come visit?? Instead of buying a shower curtain look at fabric.com and get some cute fabric and hang it up. Super easy and cheap. I did transportation for the boys but can take it down and use the fabric for whatever once they (um no I) get tired of it.