Monday, June 07, 2010

Keeping the orthopedic surgeons in TN busy!

Us Harris gals...well, we just have bad knees! Friday, mom had surgery on her knee to repair a torn meniscus. Everything turned out fine and she is doing GREAT! Sara has terrible knees...I've maxed out the number of knee surgeries they'll do on one knee (hahaha...maybe not, but I've done it 3 times)...and now mom! Welcome to the CLUB mom!
Sara was there on Friday to get her through the actual surgery. Then Jack and I drove up for a VERY quick trip on Saturday (back Sunday). We left Sam home with Ben...b/c not much recovering happening when Sam is around. They had a great daddy/son weekend and Jack and I had lots of fun too. It was such a treat just to have 1 with me. It's crazy that that felt like freedom to me! Wow. Anywho, mom is recovering like a champ. She is the best patient ever...she actually listens to the doctors (weird). WAY TO GO MOM! So proud of you.

Here is our little patient...so cute isn't she? At this point mom was having a reaction to the hydrocodone they gave her...she got itchy, hot, etc. When she called the doc he told her to stop taking it and switch to just aleve/advil...so she's been just taking aleve since Saturday night...and felt 99% better...GO MOM! You are a WAY better patient than I ever was.

Jack and I made it in time to see Sara and family before they went back home. We even got to grab a quick bite at a new place to eat in town...Ace Diner. If you are in mom's town...GO CHECK IT OUT! It was wonderful.
Here's a picture of Sara (Aunt SaySay), Grace, Emma and Jack)
Uncle Chance and Jack...aren't they cute in their matching blue? Chance needed a male to bond with...LOTS of girls around.
SaySay and Jack...he likes her a lot. She hadn't met him yet so that was fun!

Cousin Time - Kennedy and Jack
Grace and Jack
Emma and Jack - he was over it by this time.
All the girls and Jack...just missing Duff's kiddos and Sam
Mom's friend, Mary brought these beauties over to her yesterday! She cut them from her yard...so pretty. Hydrangeas are my FAVORITE flower ever! Too beautiful not to share!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Aw! Poor mama! Glad she had you girls to take care of her! She's so adorable!!! I miss seeing her! Your post below is hilarious. I am keeping Grace in her crib for as long as I can, because I think she might be the same way! My crazy 3 year old nephew, Coen, literally takes all of the clothes in his closet on and off of himself before he goes to sleep. Kids are so funny!