Had to add this picture in. Ben and I took Sam to the park on Saturday and had the BEST time. He found a hill and ran up and down it about a hundred times...he feel asleep really quickly that night from utter exhaustion! Gotta love the park! :)Soooo...on to
PAINT FEST 2009! I hope I don't offend anyone who likes pastels because I do enjoy some pastel colors in small doses, but this room was just a bit much. For walls...I tend to go for more warmer colors.
Ever since we moved in, I haven't felt like this was "Sam's room". It didn't match his stuff or anything. PLUS...the walls needed a good wash-down/etc and basically just needed some freshening up! I loved the stripes and always wanted to do them somewhere but was too lazy to measure/tape and so on. I couldn't decide what colors to paint. This room will
eventually be another nursery...if there is ever another Hazlewood baby that comes along (don't get any ideas...NOT YET)! So, I didn't want to do blue (for obvious reasons), so why not BROWN (lighter on top and darker on bottom...I know...I am WILD). I'm only obsessed with this color so why not? It just matches everything in his room so well. Soooo...long, boring story short, Ben offered to actually help me paint on Saturday night (he hates to paint). I immediately got in the car to the paint store before he changed his mind and picked my colors. We set Sam up in the pack-n-play in the guest room for a couple nights and got to work. I trimmed and Ben rolled the top. He didn't even need a ladder...NO FAIR! Sometimes I wish I were 6'4"! :)
Anywho...on to some pictures.
Here is the BEFORE...trust me, it looks better in the PICTURE this time! I felt a little like I was in a circus tent!
I actually liked how the brown and blue stripes looked. I just couldn't deal with this blue any longer. It had marks all over it and REALLY needed freshening up. But this gives me ideas for the future...I could paint one of the stripes and it would definitely look good. I just didn't know how the brown on top would look with it, but it might be fun to do down the road. We'll see. These stripes almost killed me (I never use tape)...and my back is still paying for it! OUCH! I think my face was like 2 inches from the walls on this whole paint project. Everything was so detailed between the stripes, chair rail, everything!
The bottom color is the same, I just used alternated a flat finish and high gloss, so you could see the difference. Funny how they look like different colors though...I like it. I do think that down the road I could leave the bottom brown and just paint the top whatever color matches. I just love the brown stripes on bottom.
Sam's bookcase. Yes...Iknow...it's brown too! Seriously, the child might grow up to think that brown is the only color in the crayon box. Actually, they'll be more than just brown...a hundred different shades of brown! :) I SERIOUSLY hope brown doesn't go out of style or I am in BIG trouble! :)
Still trying to get the room back together, so we have a bit to go. Plus, I want to paint a canvas of sorts for one of the walls where the changing table is (I saw a quotation that I've been wanting to do something with) so we'll see how that goes. I moved all the furniture after I was done too. I used to have the crib on the long wall (where the armoir is) and I moved it over to the window wall next to the chair. It felt cozier over there...and I like COZY!By the way, that chair is the most AMAZING chair/glider/rocker/recliner ever! If you don't have one...GET ONE! We got (YOU GUESSED IT) a khaki color so we could use it elsewhere down the road. LOVE THAT CHAIR!
We'll see how it all goes. That's all the painting for now. Have a great day!
7 comments:
Looks great! You get more done in a week than I get done in a year! :)
How perfect!! It looks great Kate!
love his room--it looks great. i wish i were as motivated as you to get things done. maybe you can get me motivated when you come visit in a few weeks.
Looks super cute! However, I do have one question...do you actually still use the changing table??
Angela, that's funny you ask about the changing table (I was thinking about this the other night). I mainly just use it for storage b/c most of the diaper changing happens wherever I can catch Sam! Actually, now (and assuming we're in the family room) when he does the #2...he goes to the drawer and gets all the stuff, then lays down on the floor...hilarious. So...I'd say SOMETIMES on the changing table thing...he's too long for it now too. It's more me...just not wanting to get rid of it (silly I know).
Sam's room looks great! Love you :)
That's so funny about the changing table. We stopped using it around the time of mobility because she would literally lunge her body off of it. So now, like you, it's wherever I can catch her (usually the family room where we play). Life with a toddler...
Post a Comment