I am very sad to say that Ben went back to work today after taking two weeks off to help me recover from surgery and adjust to Mr. Samuel being home with us. It was so nice having him here all day each day to help with Sam. He slept through the nights while I got up to feed the baby...but was on Daddy patrol during the day so I could rest, take a shower and such. He is SOOO good with Sam and I am so thankful for him.
This weekend we got out for a little bit...basically just driving around town in order to get out of the house. I am on the verge of going stir crazy (our house isn't that big), but getting out for a little bit really does help.
Too bad we couldn't help out the VOLS this weekend...how embarrassing! Maybe this next week will be better....guess it can't get too much worse. It got so bad that Ben stopped watching it in the 3rd quarter to go wash cars. You know it has to be bad then. :)
I snapped a picture of Sam napping today...he is growing so quickly and becoming more and more alert every day. He took a really long nap so maybe that is foreshadowing for this evening...oh for a day when I will get more than 1 1/2 hrs of sleep at one time. Guess it comes with the territory and I can handle it...this boy is SOOOOOO worth it!
One very happy thing...I am able to wear all of my old clothes now and have officially bagged up all the maternity clothes (I could open up a maternity shop with all the clothes I bought...yikes...out of control as usual...the next baby will have to be born in the summer too). I actually can now wear a bunch of pants that I couldn't even wear last summer (how does that make sense?). I am definitely okay with it though...that gestational diabetes wasn't so bad after all! Happy times!
A big thanks to my favorite photographer friend, Jillina for coming to take Sam's newborn pics yesterday. I am so proud of you and your picture-taking skills...I know they will turn out amazing and we will be purchasing LOTS of pictures not to worry! I HIGHLY recommend her! :)
8 comments:
He looks so sweet in that picture! I'm glad you were able to get out and are doing so well. I'm totally jealous that you're back to your old clothes. I have a feeling I won't revert to my old self so quickly. Enjoy those jeans with an actual button on them! :)
He is so cute! Do you think he looks a little like Ben in that picture? I love you!
Leslie
He is so precious Kate! It is awesome that you are wearing you old clothes again, I am sure that is a good feeling :)
Let me just say that Kate looks amazing. Motherhood def agrees with her! My mom saw Sam's pictures and said oh he looks like Kate doesn't he?
what a cutie! thanks for the update and picture. keep them coming!! and don't worry, you'll get through those nights, and eventually you won't even remember how hard they were. take care.
I have GOT to figure out a way to come see you guys! Miss you :(
What a precious and beautiful baby! I must say I have never heard of such a bounce back into old clothes! Way to go! It took me 10 months : ) and I am sure it will again. I hope that you love every second of being a mommy! It is not easy especially when you are delusionally tired..but what a gift from the Lord! I love you and continue to pray for you every day!
I'm very behind on the blogs, but congratulations to you and Ben on the birth of sweet little Sam. He looks so handsome! I know you are enjoying him. Can't wait to see more pictures. Have fun being a new mom!!!
Post a Comment