Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Fourth of July!

We have been very busy the last few weeks...with work, mom visiting, Ben traveling and getting Sam's room ready for his arrival (still not ready...but getting closer)!
I wanted to post some recent pictures of the goings-on at the Hazlewood home. We had a great 4th of July! Mom was in town and we had my sister's family and ben's dad (Mom Hazlewood was working the ER at the hospital) over to grill out. Then we watched about 6 displays of fireworks happening around our house. Our neighborhood is in a bit of a valley and apparently the people around us were all competing for "fireworks display of the year"...because they were all HUGE! We just stood in the front yard turning our heads to look at them all...crazy. Ben made his famous chocolate homemade ice cream (I don't know if it is famous...I think it is just how he grew up making it with his family)....but nonetheless...it is fabulous! If you like a Wendy's frosty...it tastes EXACTLY like that! Anyone looking for a great & super EASY homemade ice cream recipe...here goes:
-1/2 gallon chocolate milk
-1 carton Cool Whip Whipped Cream (we actually used Sugar Free yesterday for the Gestational Diabetes lady...and it tasted exactly the same)
-1 small can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
I think it take about an hour or more in the ice cream freezer...YUMMY! It is so good...try it!
Grace, Sara and Emma
Kennedy

I am also posting some pictures from Sam's room. My big...comfy...OVERSIZED chair finally came in. It is so wonderful! Glider, rocker, swiveler (is that a word?), recliner...all in one! LOVE! All the furniture is here and everything is in place...I just need to clean out some stuff (actually a lot of stuff)...and put the final touches on it...so fun! I also posted a picture of a frame that my little U11 soccer team gave me last year. It used to hang in the former study (aka...now Sam's room). I had to take it down...it didn't exactly match the decor...so I had to give my little Lady Hammers a shout out! It was sad not coaching them this season...or next, but maybe one of these days I will get to coach them again...or another group. They have another coach now (who is much better for them at this stage), but it makes me feel good when they tell me that he doesn't make them matching shirts or "get pumped up" cds....I guess it is a GIRL thing! I had so much fun with them...so I had to share my girls with you all!

My soccer team made me this collage of pictures this past fall...so fun, but I had to take it down and out of Little Sam's room.

Today, my sweet sister-in-law, Anita (Ben's brother's wife) sent us the most adorable blanket that she crocheted! She even matched the colors in his room (blue & brown)...she is SOOOO good! I love it...thank you ANITA!
That is all the updates I've got today...glad tomorrow is Friday and this crazy week is over. I've been sick all week (just allergies and sinus)...but I can't hardly breathe....not fun! I was going to drive to Nashville this weekend, but I think I need to stay here and take it easy. I am on the verge of getting worn out (actually I am pretty sure I have gone way past that stage, but oh well). Have a great weekend to all!

Here is my new chair...and of course, monogrammed pillow with Sam's initials...and the blanket Anita crocheted for him. Adorable!

Sam's first solo blog debut! These are from our 29 week appointment a few weeks ago. Sorry the pictures are not that good...but I think he is quite cute! I was worried b/c his nose looked smooshed, but the technician assured me that was normal and they all look that way. Hopefully she is right. Heehee! I am already a paranoid mother! :) Please pray for this child, his mother is crazy!

And here is Sam's mommy...getting bigger and bigger every day. This was at 31 weeks. This is random and I don't know if you can see it, but he favors the right side (it sticks out further than the left)...so my belly looks quite lopsided and weird! Crazy! My belly just keeps growing further and further out...I think I might fall over on my face one of these days. :)

9 comments:

Abigail and Ansley said...

Kate,
It was so good hearing from you! It sounds like life is pretty busy for you! I am proud of you for deciding to stay home and relax. You need that! The room looks precious! I can't wait to see it all! Your belly is adorable!
Love you lots!

Angie said...

Everything is looking good.... Sam, your belly, the nursery! :) Also, please fill me in on this chair. I am searching for a chair that does all of that stuff, too, and I haven't found anything that's just right yet. Hope the cold/allergy/sinus gunk clears up soon!

Ashley & Bobby said...

Kate you look great and Sam is handsome :)

Leslie Ware said...

EEEEEEE I am so excited for you. I want to see you again before Sam gets here!

Becky said...

SO PRECIOUS!!! You look adorable!! And LOVE the glider, rocker, swiveler :) We are going to pick our's out tomorrow! Love the 4th of July pics, too! Your neices are so sweet! And lastly, LOVE the pics of Sam! What a cutie! That is amazing how much you can see his little face!!!

Jillina said...

Sam is so handsome - I can already tell :)

chris anne said...

can't wait to see the finished room. i sure hope you do make it to nashville sometime before sam is born cause i'd love to see you again.

The Hazlewoods said...

Angie - the chair is by Best Chairs and it is the Storytime Series....www.bestchairs.com. I don't know if they call it a rocker/glider...recliner...or what...but it is heaven. We got it at a speciality baby store here in Knoxville and I have seen them elsewhere, so you may find them close to you. I highly recommend!

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

I remember thinking the same thing about James' nose when we saw the 3D photos. It made me nervous too! You're normal! Cute belly too.