We have had a busy weekend and last few weeks (what is new right?). We got to spend some time with Ben's family on Saturday as we drove up to Townsend where they were camping...so fun. We were able to just sit and relax most of the day on Saturday. It was so nice...I knew if I were at home I would feel the need to be cleaning out (I think the "nesting" phase has kicked in).
Baby Sam update: Went to the "sugar nurse" last week...that is what I am calling my nurse pratitioner that I am going too who monitors my Gestational Diabetes sugar levels...and she told me I was doing well and can cut back to pricking myself only every OTHER day (still 4 times per day though)...yeah! And everything at the regular doctor is going well. Sam is measuring right on track. I lost three pounds which was weird, but the doctor seems not to be worried at all since baby Sam is getting all he needs...so I guess that I should be happy about that. We are almost done with Sam's room...just need to stain the changing table (hopefully we can find one to match our dark wood). But I started washing his sheets and little blankets. Ben was amazed at how many little people things you can fit in the washer. Oh...and we started our childbirthing classes last week (very funny - every Monday night in July). Last week we practiced breathing (yes...like you see in the movies or on tv). It was a little bit weird, but I really do see the point. This week we did "labor positions"...oh my! Some of them were a bit awkward to do in public really, but again...if it helps...whatever works right!
My best friend, Mandy threw us a couples shower with a bunch of our friends on Sunday out at their retreat, Butterfly Gap! It was so nice. We wanted to do something that was laid back and casual and where the husbands would actually want to attend...men can get scared when they hear the words "baby shower", but Mandy did a fantastic job! It was so nice visiting with all of our friends. Sam got lots of fun treats too...he is such a lucky boy to have such great friends and family around him already! What was funny was all of the kids that were there. My how times have changed. Most of these folks were high school friends and it is so fun to see them all with their babies and families and mini vans! :) Thanks to Mandy and her husband, Johnathan for a FABULOUS shower! We love you guys!
8 comments:
Yay for finger pricks every other day! I know that will be nice for you! You're looking great, and I can't believe how soon it will be before Sam is here. (I'm already dreading the childbirth classes. You practice "positions"?!?)
cute cute cute. And I love that Claire was at your shower...
You look so beautiful my sweet friend! I love seeing your growing belly. I am getting so big for only being 26 weeks! I love you dearly and pray for you, Ben and Sam daily. God bless you!
I LOVE the picture of you and Ben! You look so great! I am glad that you are doing so well!
Kate you look so precious!!!! I love that first picture!! That's a keeper to frame for sure!!! :) Yes... just signed up for all my classes as well... and Nate is like what?!? He has to go to my labor and delivery, child care, CPR, AND breastfeeding classes! hahaha! It should be entertaining to say the least. Love the update and love you!!!
You look gorgeous. I'm so happy for you! As I was looking at the group shot, I was like, hey, that girl on the top right looks familiar, oh, it's Claire! haha. Glad you're doing good friend.
How fun, and you are adorable! You're so organized and ready for the baby, which is good! One of my church friends had her baby this morning (a month early)--and she was not ready! But my organized Kate is! Love you!
I can just picture you and Ben in those classes and you giggling..can't wait to get more details on that :) Love you guys!!
Post a Comment