Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Baby Showers!

First I must say how incredibly blessed I feel having such amazing friends and family in my life! A few weekends ago, my college girlfriends threw me the most fabulous baby shower ever! Me, mom, Sara and Mom Hazlewood all piled in the car and took off for Nashville...Chris Anne, Jillina and Rebecca put on a fabulous party...you all are the BEST! It was SOOOOO good to see everyone...and I am so glad some of you fellow out-of-towners were able to come too. Thank you all for all of the treats...you really are too much! I have all of little Sam's presents in his room and I periodically (ok...all the time) go in there and just stare at all of the fun! Fabulous job on the diaper cake too...and the onsies are adorable. Jillina took some amazing pictures that I wanted to post too. Thank you girls for such a fun day! I can't wait for Baby Sam to meet all of his beautiful aunts!

The diaper cake...fabulous...Ben liked the UT booties and says that you picked all the right sports for the rattles! Go Vols!

Mom Hazlewood, Mom, me and Sara

The whole gang...plus Campbell, Abigail and Ansley!

Me with my beautiful hostesses! THANK YOU girls! I love you!
We actually had another shower here with some of Ben's family and his mom's friends...again...a fabulous time. Our friend, Marilyn hosted and it was great! I wanted to post a picture from that one too. Sam already has some fantastic treats to play with once he gets here.

The Hazlewood Shower - Mom, Me, Marilyn (hostess), Mom Hazlewood and Ben's Grandmother Roach - so fun and a beautiful day!
Quick pregnancy update (ok...so I am never quick)...but I had to mention that mom went with me to the doctor last week and since she was there from out of town (and maybe I was a bit pathetic about how we only get a few ultrasounds) they squeezed us in for one and did the 3D thing...it was so cool! Sam has all fingers and all toes...and looks like a precious little baby...oh...and per the technician...has a BIG HEAD...OH MY! They guesstimated his weight already at 3lbs 10 oz (even though they say everything is measuring on track - maybe they were wrong???)...WHAT YOU ASK? Exactly what I said. Apparently that would put him about 96-97% for his weight...and I am supposed to have 11 more weeks of this growth? Please pray for me! :) I know those things are not always accurate, but seriously. By the time 11 weeks gets here, this baby will be 30 lbs...ok exaggeration, but still. WHOA! I may not make it all the way to September 3rd. To top all of that off...I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes (maybe this explains the small linebacker in my belly) a few weeks ago and am on a reasonable diet, but my numbers have been really good so I should be okay. Nothing too major they just have to keep an eye on it...however, I do have to prick myself 4 times a day to check my blood sugar which is not really all that fun, but whatever it takes. They say this will go away after the baby gets here, so that will be a relief! Anywho...it has been a whirlwind of a few weeks...and actually going to remain this crazy most likely until the baby gets here. But we are so excited and cannot wait to meet this little guy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the diabetes diagnosis - I am just behind you (due 9-9) and I did my glucose test on Monday and haven't heard anything yet. You look great - that long dress with the black on top is adorable! Glad you're doing well!

Leslie Ware said...

hey cutie! I'm glad you had fun at the shower, I did too! You look great and I can't wait to see you again

Anonymous said...

Sam is lucky to have all those beautiful girls in his life, but remember he only has ONE TRUE AUNT!!!! I love you Kater and we miss you. Mom and I are reading your blog right now. Have a good day!

Sara

Angie said...

You think you'll make it 11 more weeks?! I'm so proud/impressed that you're dealing with all the finger sticking so well! Take care of yourself!

chris anne said...

glad you had fun at the shower. i can't think of anyone more deserving after all the hard work you put in to showers for other people. we were honored to do it for you.

Anonymous said...

So you're ok with the pricking? Before you know it, you'll be swallowing pills..you're so tough! The photos are adorable and you look so cute in your dresses! Glad I got to be at the shower :)

Angie said...

Kate- Your pregnancy countdown at the top of your blog is really getting close to the end! Sam will be here soon!