Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Our Week With Kennedy!

We have been quite busy lately. I was in Memphis for work for almost a week and immediately came back to pick up my niece, Kennedy. My sister and her family all went on a cruise. She is almost 2 and I think she is just too young to take on a cruise. Grace and Emma are old enough to do the daytime kids activities, so Sara and Chance were able to catch up on some much needed rest and relaxation. I am so glad that they were able to enjoy themselves and what a blessing to keep that beautiful baby. Ben and I had the best time keeping Kennedy. She is so much fun and SOOO good. I think it was good practice to have to get up and take her to school and then go to work. I didn't get much sleep since I slept with her. Everytime she moved...I woke up. Mom came in later in the week and was a great help. Here are some pictures of our outing to the park. We played and swung and slid down the slide. She had a great time...so did we. we miss her a lot now that it is quiet and calm in our house.

I am feeling much better. This week is 16 weeks and I go to the doctor this week to hear another heartbeat. Then only 4 more weeks to find out what color I shall paint my nursery and what name we can start calling the baby. So fun!

Prayer request...Please pray for my sister-in-law, Jenni (Duff's wife). She collapsed in their house today from pain she was having. An ambulance had to come and get her. They discovered that she had an ectopic pregnancy and had to immediately go in and do surgery. Last I heard, she was out of surgery and was doing better. Obviously this pregnancy was not meant to be, so thank God she is doing okay now. Please just pray for their family as they go through this difficult time.




8 comments:

Leslie Ware said...

Soooo sorry to hear about Jenni. You know we will be praying for her.
Glad to hear you are feeling good and I can't wait to hear names!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...the thought of getting up in enough time to take a child to school and still getting to work on time seems impossible for me! I sleep till the last possible minute and barely get my hair dryed in time for work. I guess that will be a nice "awakening" when I have kids. Glad you had so much fun. I am praying for Jenni...that is so scary. Love you!

Elizabeth Miller said...

I finally am able to post on your blog. For some reason I have had trouble. I will be praying for Jenni! Glad you had fun with the niece. Just a forshadow of things to come!!! As for sleeping with them. Some people love it, but I think it is not for me! I wake up all hours and feel miserable the next day. Love you!
Elizabeth

Angie said...

These are adorable pictures. You are going to be such a great mom-- creative and fun...all the right stuff. :)

I'm so sorry to hear about Jenni. I know that must be a very hard thing to deal with. I'll keep her and your family in my prayers.

chris anne said...

great pictures. kennedy is a cutie! but where are the pictures of you? i'm sure you've got the beginnings of a cute little belly by now. and i'll pray for jenni. thanks for letting us know.

Angie said...

I'm with Chris... post pics of you!!! We want to see the baby bump! :)

Jillina said...

Kennedy looks more and more like Sara to me. Thanks again for coming Saturday and for all your help. Your the best.

Anonymous said...

I think Kennedy is the cutest baby ever. She looks just like her beautiful mommy :) Actually she looks like her daddy- but a girl can dream...can't she!