Sunday, August 30, 2009

Where does the time go?

Soooo...I'll make this short and sweet (to spare you all the sappy details), but our lives changed forever 2 years ago today. We were blessed with the most precious little boy, Samuel Joseph! I went in 2 days before he was born for my 39 week appointment thinking surely, something would have progressed by that point, but NO! However, we had an ultrasound and they guesstimated him over 9 pounds. I had gestational diabetes and with a 9+ lb baby...they decided that the best decision would be to do a c-section. So we showed up really early on that Thursday morning for surgery. They started surgery around 7:30 and Sam was officially born at 7:59am....8 lbs 11 oz and 20 1/4 inches long. He was so precious!
The past two years have flown by. They have been some of the funnest, hardest, most stressful, patientless (is this even a word, but you all know what I mean), rewarding, amazing, blessed days of my life! I am so thankful for this little guy...and his daddy!
Happy Birthday Sam! We love you!

Here are a few of the MANY highlights over the past 2 years!
In the hospital. Notice the power "T" hat. Mom got that for him so he could watch the opening UT football game in the hospital. The nurses even put an orange pacifier in his little crib. Gotta love UT Medical Center! :)
Me and my sweet little buddy! My, how I love this boy! Yes, I look rough, but hey, Ive just had major surgery, right!
This was a siganture Sam face...so sweet!
This was another signature face...smiling all the time unless he was hungry/tired. Those were the days...when he laid still and smiled all the time at me! :)

I remember thinking he looked so big in this picture. I think he was 7 months-ish.
First trip to the beach, Pawleys Island SC! Not a big fan of the sand...maybe next year!
October 2008. This was in Maryville, but right after we moved to GA!
Trip to Disney with daddy's family! Here are two of Sam's favorite men ever (daddy and YaYa)!
July 2009. He is getting so big. Tomorrow we go to the doctor for his 2 year check, so I'll definitely be sharing his stats. Can't wait to hear how big/tall he is.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!

4 comments:

Becky said...

He is so precious!!!! Happy Birthday Sweet SAM! I was watching old videos of Grace on our computer today trying to put them in order, and oh my.... if you haven't done that in a while... prepare yourself! Love the pics!! Adorable!

chris anne said...

he looks so big in that last picture. don't even get me started on how fast they grow up. i just can't even think about it. Happy Birthday, Sam!

Angie said...

So sweet! That last picture is precious!

Jillina said...

AWW love this fellow! He is such a good little boy! Happy Birthday Sam!