Monday, August 24, 2009

Future NBA star...and helping NaNa!

We have had a crazy few weeks. Ben had to be in NC for 2 weeks (weekends included) for one of their new system "go-lives", so Sam and I packed the car (FULL) and headed on our usual Tennessee trek! We started at NaNa and YaYa's house...then on to my mom's house. We didn't get to do everything we wanted b/c we pretty much just laid around and were quite lazy. It was actually nice not having to unload the dishwasher, laundry, etc, etc! Thanks to Mops and NaNa and YaYa for a great couple of weeks (as always). Sam did great on the trip, but I'm pretty sure he's happy to be back in his own bed. We were so happy to finally be home and spend time with daddy...we missed him. I am so thankful that with this move down here, we made the decision for me to stay home with Sam. I enjoyed working but this has been a whole NEW experience (the good, the bad and the ugly). I am just so thankful that I get to spend every day with my little man...and that these week-long trips are actually an option. I love it!

When we pulled into NaNa and YaYa's driveway there was a new addition to the bball goal that daddy shot many a basket on growing up (so cute)! YaYa had set up a little mini basket for Sam (because he's obsessed). Sam ran right to it and could have played basketball 24/7!
One of his favorite words now is "Shoot Shoot"...he is always shooting baskets (in the house, outside, anywhere he sees something that remotely resembles a basket).
The weird thing is that this kid has ridiculous aim. He has a really good arm...and accurate. Guess he gets that from daddy. We've been working on the kicking and he's pretty accurate with that too, so that makes mommy happy! :)

"Shoot shoot"...daddy would be so proud!

After a morning of baskets, Sam decided to help NaNa clean off the screen porch. She had the hose and broom...two things that Sam loves about as much as basketball and playing outside! I was surprised that he figured out how to use the little spray thing on the hose.
Align Center
Getting the porch extra clean...and getting myself extra soaked!

Is there anything more fun to a little boy than a spray hose?
Now we have to sweep the water out...being a big "help" to NaNa! All sorts of fun to have at NaNa and YaYa's house!



Had to put this video up...too funny! It gets a little rough at the end b/c the hose got turned off...wasn't too happy about that. I think we had wasted enough of NaNa and YaYa's water! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO sweet! He looks like such a big boy! I know his times with Na Na and Ya Ya, and Mops and Say Say!!! Love you guys :)

Becky said...

He looks SO big in these pictures!!! What a big boy! Glad you had a good trip and are home safe!!