Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Shoes...WIDE Load!

Unfortunately, Sam has inherited my feet (poor guy)! His shoe size right now measures at a 5...however, we can't get that size over his enormously fat feet! He has a little pair of tennis shoes that I bought back in September from Stride Rite...and we can barely get them on his feet anymore. There is still plenty of room for his little toes. Anywho...long story short...we got some new shoes. And the reason there is a whole blog post devoted to a new pair of shoes is b/c I think they are SOOOO cute! I really like the WIDE tag on them...too funny! I didn't think about it til now, but Ben and I both have this exact pair of shoes (minus the velcro of course). Is that kind of dorky that we all have the same shoes? Now that I think of it...we all have the exact same pair of Merrells too...good Lord! I am such a creature of habit huh? Oh well...just had to share these adorable new shoes. Hopefully we can get a little longer wear out of them. :)


I wanted to put a picture of my new dining room paint up too! One night this week while Ben was out of town, I decided I needed to paint the dining room. I can never sleep when Ben is out of town, so I decided to be productive! :) I went for a mossy/olive green color. I thought it was going to be too dark, but I like it (plus, Ben said that I couldn't paint another dining room red...every place we've lived, we've had a red dining room). There is enough light in there that the darker color works. So, you can see in this picture the wall on the right is painted...but the far wall isn't. The reason only 3 walls are painted is because there is no where to stop the paint on that wall b/c it continues into the foyer. Anyone have any suggestions (I am by no means an interior designer, so I need help)? I think that this is my only choice without painting the whole thing, but thought I would get y'all's opinion. Next room on my paint list...Sam's room. Which is currently very pastel...which you all know I am not a huge pastel fan...I can't wait for it to actually look like his room again. I may need some tips on that room too b/c the bottom already has stripes, which I think I may use, but paint it one color (flat/glossy). We'll see.


7 comments:

Angie said...

Love the color...don't know how to tackle that dining/foyer wall. Tough one! The shoes are too cute. My bro-in-law has a sports store here, and Emily has all these little New Balance shoes. I think they're so cute!

Jenna said...

Love the shoes - and your blog is so Snazzy!!!!! I think you have to leave the living room as it is...that's a tough one. You are quite the expert painter!!

Lindsay said...

I love that olive color! In our old house we had a room with 3 walls of 1 color and 1 with a different color, however it was more of an accent wall. I think you should leave it as is.

emilie said...

Jenna had these same shoes in 6 wide, only they were in pink. They say they grow out of the wide thing.

Becky said...

Grace is size 5 and WIDE feet too! The only shoes that will fit on her feet are those Robeez!! But I love them, so we're good until we start venturing outside again. Then I will need the wide tennis shoes as well!! :) Love the paint color... in our condo, we had that same issue with the upstairs room, and ended up putting a fancy piece of molding down the wall to "separate" the 2 spaces, so you could try that or just leave it as is! It looks good!!

Angela said...

We're in a wide too! We have a pair of stride rites in 4 wide...I really like the new balances!

chris anne said...

not to worry, andrew suffers from fred flintstones feet, too. we've had luck with the stride rite outlet finding extra wides for him. but i agree that those shoes are really cute. glad you found some that work. oh, and i love all the painting you are doing. it looks great.