We have had an eventful couple of weeks. Sam has had this awful cough for like 4 weeks. We had been to the doctor and they basically kept saying to give it some time. We had a chest xray (which is really fun with a baby let me tell you) and that was clear, but finally last week...we discovered another ear infection (which explains a lot). They started us on antibiotics but apparently nothing was working...still coughing and still not feeling well. I took him back to the doctor last Friday and his ear infection was getting worse and was now in both ears. They switched antibiotics and started us on a breathing machine. We started the breathing machine that night and he actually slept through the night and the coughing pretty much stopped. AMAZING! He is still coughing a little bit, but seems to get better every day. Saturday I woke up feeling terrible....still do actually, but it is getting better. I guess I got Sam's cold...plus my allergies are acting up like crazy.
Anywho...on a positive note...here are a few "happy's"...Sam is doing better! Doctor says his top teeth should be coming in anyday now...they arepuffy and he could feel them. Mom was in this past weekend! AND...Sam started crawling this weekend...OH MY GOODNESS! He is getting to be such a big boy. His 8 month birthday was yesterday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister, Sara yesterday! She turned the BIG 3-0! Happy Birthday SISTER! I love you!
Sam was taking a nap...and when I came in...this is what he was doing. He rolls all over the place. Thankfully, we lowered the mattress or he would have already scaled it. He likes the corners. Now, I am going to have to take out the bumper b/c he's figured out how to use it to pull up. It is so pretty...I hate to take it down.
Here is Sam standing up in the crib. He thinks it is really funny!
A close up of my first 2 teeth! So sweet!
Oh...one more happy...we are getting a new yard. For those who haven't seen...we are "that yard" in the neighborhood! We live on a hill and the grass just does NOT grow. It is terrible! We tried the Scott's lawn treatment thing...didn't work. Maybe we could wait 10 years and it might look better...but me being the 'instant gratification' gal that I am...we decided to bite the bullet and lay sod! Our yard is too big and too crazy to do it ourself so a friend's husband who owns a landscaping business is going to do it. They started yesterday by ripping our yard up...it actually looks better ripped up than with grass. They will lay the sod on Monday. I am so excited to see it! I hope it looks good! I will post pictures very soon! YEAH!

Here I am giving Sam one of his breathing treatments. My sister's girls all have had to deal with this so we called her for some expert tips. Her advice was to do it while he was asleep. His mouth might not be open as much, but he sure wouldn't have anything to do with it while he was awake and it is working...so no complaints here. Good tip Sara!
Here is video of Sam crawling this weekend. He is ALL over the place. The days of him laying in the floor are officially over. Guess I need to start REALLY baby proofing! Oh my!
5 comments:
What a big boy!!!!! He is so sweet!!!! I'm so glad he's starting to feel better- I'm sure this past month has been oh so much fun with all of that going on!!!!! Can't wait to see your new grass!!
oh, what a big boy. i remember campbell being so much more content when he could crawl because if he wanted something, he could just go and get it! so sorry about the sicky stuff. andrew has had those breathing treatments, too. they're no fun, but they do help. glad that you are all doing so well. hope the sod goes well.
Poor little Sam! He's had a rough winter, but he's always so happy through all the days of feeling bad. What a sweet boy!
Oh my word - crawling!! What a big boy you have on your hands now! I hate that Sam has been sick but so glad that he's sleeping and doing better.
Poor little Sam...and you! I hope you are all 100% very soon! He is so beautiful and such a big boy. I definitely agree with your sister on that one...breathing treatments while they are asleep work much better. They work wonders! Lots of hugs and kisses!
Post a Comment