Mom came to town on my birthday as we always celebrate my birthday and Mother's Day together. The actual day of my birthday was a bit of a bummer b/c Ben was in Shelbyville for work and didn't get home til late and mom was driving in too, so we went out to celebrate on Friday. Had a fabulous dinner at one of my favorite places...and of course a big helping of creme brulee...YUM! We all went to my niece, Grace's soccer games on Saturday morning. It was really cute and brings back many flashbacks of me and my sister playing for oh-so-many years.
Kennedy played too! We must start them young! Really all she did was pick the ball up, run it into the net, and continue to get stuck in the net. Too funny!
Here is mom playing with all three girls...Kennedy is back there somewhere. It was really fun to watch!
Mom and I cooked all day Saturday. She wanted to fix a big Mother's Day dinner for everyone...it was like Thanksgiving in May...turkey...dressing...yum! My brother sent flowers to me, mom, and Sara. Even though I am not officially a mom yet...I figured I was celebrating Moms-To-Be Day! But it was fun to be able to join the ranks and be able to celebrate Mothers Day with my mom and sister! Some of the pictures are from Saturday night at our house with my sister's kids.
Sunday we had lunch with my other amazing mother...aka...Mom Hazlewood! I feel so blessed to have such amazing MOMS in my life! I am thankful every day for them...and only hope and pray that I can be the kind of mom to my kids that my mom and Ben's mom have been to us! Favorite mom advice - Whenever I try to thank my mom for things she does for us she always says...just "Pay it forward". It is my one of my favorite mom-isms...and so true! So...I love you MOM and MOM H. Happy Mothers Day! Also...a big Happy Mom's Day to all of my Mommy Friends out there...moms-to-be...and future moms! We are so blessed to have each other...and I am thankful for you every day!
Okay...so I finally am posting a picture of my ever-expanding belly. It is so bizarre how big it is getting already and I still have until September 3rd! I am afraid since I am so short that it has no where to go but OUT! I feel like in the next few months I may just fall over on my face. Sorry it is a close up...but I looked pretty rough that day. It is fun now b/c people can obviously tell that I am pregnant...and I don't just need to lay off the twinkies! Other than the growing belly...I feel fabulous...maybe too good since I feel like I can do anything now (except now I have a bowling ball attached to my stomach). My back is pretty sore, but I am so thankful that I feel so good and energetic. I guess I should stock up now on that energy for later! Have a doctor's appointment on Friday for the glucose test. I think I have to drink some nasty sugary drink...yuck! :)
Mom and three of her beautiful grandbabies (Emma, Grace and Kennedy)!
Emma posing...Precious!
10 comments:
What a wonderful birthday and mother's day you had. I too love your mom and Ben's mom..you've got two of the best! I love the photos of the girls and of course your belly (I got a little teary-eyed) Glad you are feeling well..I get to see your beautiful face in less than a month!! I can't wait!!
Love you!
WOOOOO I have been checking your blog religiously waiting for some pictures. I am so glad that you had a great mother's day and birthday--you deserve it. I can't wait to see you!
Leslie
those girls are precious! sam is just going to have women falling all over him!! i'm so glad to see a picture of the baby bump! it's so cute. and i can't wait to see you. and yes, the sugary drink is quite disgusting. good luck with it.
oh, and happy birthday and mother's day. hope you had good ones!
Adorable pictures and adorable belly! You look great! Ben did an awesome job on the floor! What a sweetie! I wish I could've been there for your feast! You and your mom are both wonderful cooks! I love you lots!
The floor looks great!! And your belly is very cute Kate! Seriously.
See you tomorrow! yay!
Yea, I'm so excited to see a picture of the baby bump! The bathroom floor looks great. I imagine it will get lots of wear and tear in the years to come from your sweet little boy!
You are so cute!! And happy late birthday:) I was thinking about you the other day and how I miss your hugs...
You and your precious little Sam are in my prayers!
Happy birthday Katers! Your tummy is precious! I love it!!! I am totally in the "looks like she ate too many twinkies" phase... I just went shopping at H&M where I always find cheap stretchy clothes, and these little stick teenagers are running around everywhere with their little short shorts... so funny how things change! So glad you had a good Mother's Day and Birthday!!!! I love you and miss you so much!!! ps... your neices are gorgeous! I can't wait to see little Sam!!
Your belly is so adorable! Baby bumps rock (and are a great excuse to eat just a tiny bit more!) Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment