So, I finally got around to posting some of the before and after pictures of the big kitchen/breakfast/family room painting job. When we first looked at this house, I fell in love with this room. It was completely open and it felt so warm and cozy. The only thing about it was the color. I knew I could change it, so it didn't stand in my way. Once we moved in and decoded to have Thanksgiving at our house, it gave me a deadline to get this room painted by. The ceilings are 10 ft, so it is a huge room and I was quite intimidated. I finally picked a color that was more us and started painting. Now with a 15 month old, this was quite the challenge. So, I painted while Sam was asleep at night. It took me about 5 nights to finish, but it looks SOOOOO much better. My back/shoulders/arms were so sore after all that, but definitely worth the hard work. These aren't the best pictures, but hopefully you can get an idea. One new addition to the room is the new tv that Ben and I bought to go above the fireplace. This is our Christmas present to each other...and we are loving having it in there. Merry Christmas to us!
Looking back into the breakfast room/kitchen from the family room...notice the ugly green color. The green wasn't so bad...just in that huge room...it was WAY too overwhelming. This was right after we moved in and we were straightening up for Ben's parents to come by.
View of the family room.
From the kitchen looking into the dining room. Notice we have NO dining room table. We had our old table in the breakfast room. We did move it into the dining room for Thanksgiving with the leaves in it, so now we have NO breakfast room table. Maybe one day! :) So if you come by, you probably need to bring a chair with you!
View of the kitchen from the dining room.
Let the painting BEGIN! This was before I painted this huge, long wall in the family room. Yikes...this one was rough!
You can compare the colors here too.

We took the vertical blinds down and replaced them with these curtains. They just reminded me too much of the Royal Arms S-2! :)

This was a bit tricky. Had to stand at the top of the ladder and then upside down from the top of the stairs. Crazy and not my best work, but it is done.

Family room - the room looks much better now with pictures up, etc, but at least you get the idea. I love this color...it is so much warmer and cozier!

The long, crazy wall! Again, this looks much better now that there is more stuff on the wall, but you can see the color pretty well here.

I had to post a picture of my little guy since he had a rough couple of weeks. First, we are teething, so we are not our normal happy self, but then week before last, he broke out into hives all over. I have no idea what from, but we have introduced everything back to him and nothing has happened since, so who knows? Anyone had this happen to their kiddos? I am not allergic to anything, so I am very new to this. it only lasted a few days so he is all better now. CRAZY!

Here is a closer picture of the hives on his face. Poor guy. Oh...and I am so glad that no more of my pictures will have those ugly green walls in them. YEAH! :)
8 comments:
Could the hives have had something to do with the painting? I really have no clue, but that's my best guess since you double checked all his food. The paint looks great! That was a HUGE undertaking! I can't believe you were able to finish it all by yourself! I have to have a partner to motivate me on big projects like that. It looks so good--I am partial to browns. I have it all over my house.
Love the color! And the TV!! Painting is such a mess...we painted nearly every room in our new (to us) house and it was a feat to say the least! But I know you are glad its done. The house looks so cute:)
Love the house and the color, looks great. Hope Sam is all better and hiveless!
Kate, this looks great! I hope I have as much luck with picking out colors as you have.
impressive painting, kate! love the house. can't wait to see more pictures.
looks sooooo much better. What is wrong with something reminding you of Royal Arms S2? ha ha ha
This looks exactly how I pictured it. Very Kate-ish:) Love it.
Leslie...I do have so many fond memories of the S2...MANY MANY MEMORIES! I just can't stand the vertical blinds. They've always kind of creeped me out! Speaking of painting...remember when we decided it would be a good idea to paint that living room eggplant AND dining room red and painted it all in one night! What in the world were we thinking? I am sure Royal Arms is glad we are no longer tenants! :) :)
Post a Comment